Tuesday, September 13, 2005

And Then the Clouds Opened and a Beautiful Computer Geek Nerd Angel Descended Unto Carrie's Dorm Room to Fix Her Retarded Computer

My computer has been fixed for five good days with no complications so far. Hooray! A friend of a friend completed this magical task for me. I felt so bad that he took about two hours of his time to fix the computer of a technologically stupid girl that he had never met before that I decided to compensate him for his efforts. Cash was out of the question, because I hardly know what that looks like anymore. So I made him a pan of brownies instead, which I consider a relatively fair trade. I mean, I would work two hours for some brownies definitely. With the horrible waitressing experience this summer, the complete and utter lack of any kind of technological knowledge, and the mere fact that I get lost EVERY single time I try to drive, I have begun to realize that I have never had and will never have common sense. This is the reason why I will have to get married right away. I just can't function on my own. I'm just too stupid.

While we are on the subject of marriage, I have started to experience some swiftly changing thoughts in that area. I always assumed that I would get married straight out of college when I was younger. The idea that you will meet your husband in college, get married, get a job, and start a family is spoonfed into little girls from the moment that they watch their first Disney movie and play with their first barbies. I was no different. But as the years pass and college graduation shifts from being a distant dream to a reality in the near future, I have found that I am still very much a child. Marriage is such a mature decision to make. It is just way too grown up for me.

In other news, I know now that I hate philosophy. With a passion. Period. There are arguments supporting arguments which oppose other arguments and so on and so forth. At the end of the day, you have talked yourself into a circle and still have not come to a conclusion. YOU STILL DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER. And you will never know the answer. What's the point? What a waste of time.

The boyfriend has informed me that I have a bad attitude about life in general. I haven't decided whether this is something that I need to work on, or something that defines who I am as a person and needs not to be tampered with. If I do have a bad attitude, it is only because I know what I want and what makes me happy and I do not want to waste my time otherwise. In other words, I put up with very little bs. This is a good thing, because I don't get taken advantage of. However, it is very easy to go overboard hating the world sometimes. I don't want to be viewed as nutso. I don't think it's my fault anyway that I am not very optimistic about the world or its people. To use the psychodynamic approach, I just consider my initial distrust and immediate disliking of people a result of being picked on at daycare. Stupid playground bullies.

I am not going to start my first round of tests until next week, so I am super excited about taking this week pretty easy. I will start by settling in with cheesecake tonight and watching the newest episode of the Real World where they get to go camping. I am just dying to find out if Mel and Danny are able to work out their differences and also if the kiss between Wes and Johanna is going to make them feel awkward.

It's going to be incredibly exciting.

5 Comments:

At 5:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm, ouch again on the philosophy tirade. Obviously, you are not being exposed to the discipline in such a way that it makes sense. Difficult stuff but worthy for the exercise it gives your noodle - when taught in an intelligent way, of course.

Glad you've got your computer evil exorcized.

Re the marriage talk: Why don't you just try to live in the moment a little more and not push ahead so much to what the future may or may not have in store for you? You are not too young to be wary, but you are way too green to be overcome by cynicism just yet. (Just be glad you don't have to endure another Bush administration because that would surely put you over that cynical edge!)

 
At 10:20 PM , Blogger Kate said...

First of all the title to this post is hands down the best title EVAR! I'm so proud to call you my little sister. So proud I will link to you now so as to redirect all two of my readers to this post of yours that is so simultaneously funny and cynical and curmudgeonly, even if those two readers of mine already read your blog anyway, which I know for a fact that they do, but still, please consider it an honor that I'm going to feature this post in a link on my own blog. You rock.

P.S. I ate brownies for breakfast this morning. They were delicious.

 
At 10:39 PM , Blogger Kate said...

P.P.S.

By the way, ANYONE can get married. Maturity has nothing to do with. Afterall,I DID IT!

 
At 10:07 AM , Blogger Carrie said...

Yeah, I knew you would say something about the marriage thing. But if you remember, you had the same attitude that I do when you were my age! Thanks for the special blog entry!!! :)

 
At 10:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carrie, you are such a sweetheart! Your journal just makes me happy! Since you refuse to take my advice and use that super-intelligent mind for good (a.k.a. being a Chemistry major), you really should consider journalism of some sort. Seriously! Hope all the upcoming tests go well! Call me sometime and we can go do something super-fun.
P.S. I suck at directions also (after all, I have gotten lost in Birmingham on numerous occasions) and inevitably feel as though I suck at life sometimes too. Keep you chin up!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home